When I got up this early this morning and took the dog out, I could see water still standing from the yesterday's rain. Although some of it had soaked in through the night, my course was still pretty muddy, slippery and holding water in some places. I decided I would wait until later today to do the leg workout and the 3-mile interval run with all of that fun extra stuff thrown in like bounds, rope jumping, and traveling lunges. I did them on the wet course and they just aren't fun since I am trying to maintain good form AND my balance. The sun came out about 9:00 this morning and it turned into a beautiful day. I checked the course at noon and again at around 2:00 pm and still was not satisfied. Between that time, I rested. My legs were pretty wasted after yesterday's 3-mile run in the mud. I actually took some pain medication last night before bed. LOL!
I got the leg workout underway at around 4:15 this afternoon and was done with everything by 5:45. It turned out to be a very good workout both inside and outside. The course was not optimal in some places, but much better than earlier today. I worked hard throughout the workout and felt that I gave the legs a great workout. After that, I took a hot shower, got in the first meal of the day and had oatmeal for dessert! LOL! That will probably be it for the night in terms of the food. I can finally say I am seeing good progress. Hopefully, I have set myself up for a good intermittent fast this weekend and a little more fat burning from this back.
Tomorrow is my second attempt at my new ab workout. My goal is to get through all the reps in each of the 3 sets of the workout without having to take a break. I will consider that progress. After that, it will be another 3-mile run, which will be a bit slow again since we are expecting a little rain early tomorrow morning. I will get out there and get it done!
I hope everyone had a great Wednesday and wish you a most wonderful Thursday!
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x 40 Squat Thrusts (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 Quad Squats (20-lb weighted vest)
- CARDIO (20-lb weighted vest):
- 3-Mile Interval Run (Following elements built in):
- 5 x 1-Minute Rope Jumping
- 5 x 40 yard Traveling Lunges
- 5 x 40 yard Bounds
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 32:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of impingement syndrome.
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts.
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Tonight, hitting the 3 sets of extra ab work (Teagen Rose's workout while on my back) and elevated push-ups (3 x 50).
- Got in 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, inclined push-ups, and 2 sets of 25 triangle push-ups for a total of 250 extra push-ups.