I was more tired than I realized from yesterday. I turned in early, but did not sleep well. I turned off the alarm at 5:30 this morning and turned over. I got up at 6:20 and got moving through my morning routine. When everything was completed, I found that I was only running about 30 minutes behind schedule and moved ahead into the back and chest workout for the day.
Today's workout for the chest was mostly push-ups with some dips. The back workout consisted of good mornings, back extensions and pull-ups to failure. I wore the weighted vest for everything except the pull-ups to failure (It has occurred to me! LOL ). I knew from yesterday's forecast that it would be raining and was prepared to get the 3-mile run in out there. I pushed on yesterday's 2-mile run and ran the fastest 2-mile I have run this cycle (12:24). I knew today's run would contain a lot of slipping and sliding. When I went out for the pull-ups, 1-mile walk, and 3-mile run, it was raining steady, but not to the degree that I found it difficult to do what needed to be done. It was a rather soothing rain, plus I had good music on the mp3 player, which also made me feel pretty good out there. I set a good easy comfortable pace and even with some slipping and sliding, I managed to complete the run in 20:57 (6:59 mile pace). Had the course been dry, I suspect today's run would have been one of the better ones for the cycle. By the way, I managed to do 34 pull-ups to failure. They left the back, arms, shoulders, AND abs feeling kind of right! 34 is also another PR of sorts! LOL!
Last night I hit the extra push-ups and ab work and I stopped all eating at 7:30, which has been the case since Sunday. I am feeling a bit better about where I am going with this Transformation Challenge. I have to thank DrLynn for her very kind and encouraging comments on my profile page on yesterday. I appreciate all of the encouragement from my friends on here, old and new! Hopefully, within the next 53 days I will have great results with such support.
I have eaten a good clean first meal of the day and now am ready to take a little nap. It is so cloudy that I cannot help but to feel a little sleepy! LOL! I am wishing you and yours a most wonderful Tuesday evening!
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x 40 Push-ups (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 Dips (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 Good Mornings (20-lb dumbbells & weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 Back Extensions (20-lb weighted vest)
- Pull-ups to Failure (34)
- 1-Mile Walk
- 3-Mile run (20:57)
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 31:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of impingement syndrome.
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Last night, hit the 3 sets of extra ab work (Teagen Rose's workout while on my back. Those exercises are NO joke. See the video. They are worse hanging from the pull-up bar!) and elevated push-ups (3 x 50).
- Got in 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, inclined push-ups, and 2 sets of 25 triangle push-ups for a total of 250 extra push-ups.