We are indeed our worst critics. I was somewhat disappointed with the progress pictures of my back on yesterday. Thanks to a bunch of positive feedback, particularly from WBNATL and CDMagee, I had to rethink what I was seeing. I took a second, painful look at the pictures and realize that much what I am seeing in my relaxed back pictures is due to the fact that I have not gotten really agressive yet with the cutting phase of this Transformation Challenge. I will still, however, be even more diligent with my diet. Thank you everyone for the positive feedback and encouragement.
The great thing about self-criticism is that it can be used to fuel achievement if it is not of the debilitating sort. I realized that I 30 days into an 84 day progress and still have time to continue tweak workouts, diet and cardio to come to a physique that I can be proud of at the end of this Transformation Challenge. With that in mind, I went out and had a GREAT arm and shoulder workout. I concentrated on every rep and stretch. I went outside and hit my bar work (30 second static curls, which burn up the biceps), mixed cardio and then ended with my 1-mile walk and run. I had decided NOT to run particularly hard today, but after the first mile, I KNEW I was on one of those great runs. I allowed myself to push to that next level. My breathing was great and the legs felt light! I had found my rhythm and just allowed myself to enjoy the ride and the music on my mp3 player. I was surprised to see that I finished the 2-miles in 12:24 (6:12 mile pace), which is, by far, my fastest 2-mile run of the Cycle! It felt great. I have continued to work extra push-ups into my daily workouts and last night I did my extra ab work and elevated push-ups before bed. I have decided to do that Sunday through Thursday. I guess the "wittle bitty" chest is growing!
After the workout, I had a bowl of oatmeal with some nuts, dried fruit, a spoon of protein powder and a couple of tablespoons of nonfat milk. Then it was into the hot shower and out the door with Mom. She decided that she wanted to go shopping today. This was supposed to be MY free week. LOL! At least she got out of the house and enjoyed herself.
I have been home a little over an hour as I type this. I have yet to eat my second meal of the day, which is going to be a bowl of chili with some rice and a sprinkling of cheese. I will also add hot sauce. I used to add it directly to the pot, but my parents don't like the spicy food. LOL! So, as you can see, the diet has been really good today.
Tomorrow is back and chest day with stretching and the first 3-mile run of the week. The run is going to be difficult because we have a 100% chance of rain on tomorrow. The goal will be just to get through the 15 laps while remaining on my feet!
I hope that the week has begun on a high note for everyone! Enjoy the rest of this Monday!
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x 30 Hammer Curls (20-lb dumbbells)
- 3 x 30 French Presses (20-lb dumbbells)
- 3 x 30 Front Arm Raises (20-lb dumbbells)
- 3 x 30 Reverse Flys (20-lb dumbbells)
- 3 x 30 sec. Static Curls on pull-up bar
- 3 x 1-Minute Rope Jumping
- 3 x 25 Windmills
- 3 x 25 Jumping Jacks
- 3 x 40 yard Broad Jump Burpees
- 9 x 40 yard Agility Drills
- 9 x 40 yard Sprints
- 1-Mile Walk
- 2-Mile Run (12:24)
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 30:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Started up the 3 sets of extra ab work and elevated push-ups.
- Got in 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, inclined push-ups, and 2 sets of 25 triangle push-ups for a total of 250 extra push-ups.