I was up on time this morning, got all of the usual morning routine in and hit the workout slightly earlier than usual. Today was my "official" ab day. I have been doing a lot of extra ab work and push-ups. Last night, however, I was so tired that I skipped it. I will do a little bit tonight before bed. Overall, I would classify today's workout as one of those average, just put in the work, types. I made sure to get in every rep with a strong effort and good form. Other than that, it was simply about getting it done. The cardio---3-mile run---was pretty much the same way. I did manage to find a rhythm during the run and I was pleasantly surprised, however, that the run was not significantly slower than Tuesday's after the bruising the legs took on yesterday. I finished the run only 3 seconds slower than on Tuesday, with a 20:06 (6:42 mile pace).
This week, I have been busier than anticipated and feeling slightly flat and tired. I am wondering, given that this Transformation Challenge is 84 days (12 weeks) long, should I take a day off. I will look at where I am with the new progress and profile pictures on Sunday and will make that decision.
Tomorrow is my second 300 workout of the Cycle. We are forecast to receive rain and ice on tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get out there and get the work done before it arrives. If not, tomorrow may have to be the day I skip.
Diet has been good today. I at a huge bowl of oatmeal with flaxseed oil, raisins and nuts. I am FULL and a bit sleepy! LOL! Time for a nap. I am going to take one today. I fought it off on yesterday!
Everyone have a great Thursday evening!
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x 40 Reverse Crunches
- 3 x 40 Bicycle Crunches
- 3 x 40 Frog Sit-ups
- 3 x 40 Trunk Twisters (with dumbbells)
- 3 x 40 Side Bends (with dumbbells)
- 3 x 50 Push-ups
- 1-Mile Walk
- 3-Mile Run (20:06)
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 26:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts.
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Got in 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, inclined push-ups, and 2 sets of 25 triangle push-ups for a total of 250 extra push-ups. This is in addition to the 50 scheduled into today's workout...So a total of 400 extra for the day.