I have been moving since I got out of bed this morning. I pushed through my morning routine and on to the leg workout, knowing that I had a ton of paperwork and miscellanea to complete for my parents. As I have mentioned in many of my blogs, I know that some days just are not mine. LOL! Today was one such day. Besides the workout, I have been running all day. The other unfortunate thing about today is that it was LEG DAY! Now that I am sitting down blogging today's workout, I am, of course beginning to feel the workout AND the extra walking around.
The leg workout was not bad. I sometimes am amazed at how I am able to get a burn in my legs with as little equipment as I have. I, however, threw on that weighted vest, grabbed those dumbbells and put in the necessary reps. Those "static" squats and calf raisers also burn the quads and calves really well. By the time I got outside for the 3-mile interval, I was kind of dreading the running, jumping, bounding and lunging wearing that weighted vest. However, I committed to using it during my leg workouts and know that the work is paying off. Once I got started, I just sucked it up and put in the work. It was one of those tough but good workouts.
After the workout, I went immediately to the computer and got started on the work for my parents. After completing that, it was off to the post office and then the grocery store. Now I am watching our dinner cooking! LOL! I am the multipurpose son! The worse thing about days like today is that I will tend to let the diet go. Today, however, is the first day in a long time that the diet has not been as it should be. I grabbed some ginger snaps, found a couple of pancakes, added peanut butter and a smattering of apple jelly, and that is the extent of my eating today. Is that a B or C for today. Tonight's dinner will be good, with a bunch of greens. I doubt that today will be horribly damaging to my progress, since I will be back on track starting with tonight's dinner.
As I mentioned in last night's final fit status for the night. I ordered and received my Dymatize Nutrition Bars on Monday. I was surprised to find, enclosed in the shipping box, a nice cup, and some product samples:
- ON Platinum PRE- (Pre-workout Energy Focus-2 Servings)
- BSN Amino X (Endurance and Recovery Agent)
- N.O. XPLODE 2.0
I am not a big supplement person and am thinking about trying these samples during the last half of this Transformation Challenge. I am curious as to what has been your experience with these products. Which one would you recommend? I, personally, am drawn toward this Amino X. Probably because I an "old man!" LOL! Anyway, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Tomorrow, I get after the abs, the final 3-mile run of the week, and, as always, the stretching. Right now, I am about to get in a meal. I want a nap, but don't want to screw up my sleep for tonight!
Have a great Wednesday!
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x 40 Squats with dumbbells wearing 20-lb weighted vest
- 3 x 40 Calf raisers with dumbbells wearing 20-lb weighted vest
- 3 x 1-minute Static Squats wearing 20-lb weighted vest
- 3 x 1-minute Static Calf Raisers wearing 20-lb weighted vest
3-mile Interval Run (all elements, including running, with 20-lb weighted vest):
- 5 x 1-minute Rope Jumping
- 5 x 40 yard Traveling Lunges
- 5 x 40 yard Bounds
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 25:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Got in 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, inclined push-ups, and 2 sets of 25 triangle push-ups for a total of 250 extra push-ups.
- I also have to admit to another 3 sets of 50 push-ups (hands on bed---almost like using an exercise ball) and ab exercises (Teagen Rose's without the pull-up bar) before bed this week. LOL! Feeling really good and excited about this challenge. So, thus far, I have done an extra 400 push-ups per day! I guess I better slow down!