I was up earlier this morning---5:30 am! I am going to get back on track! LOL! This was enough to make me feel better about my sleeping patterns. Yesterday was a better day than the day before as well. I suspect that my sleep patterns will normalize as I return to better shape. I did not realize that I really had slipped a little bit in my overall fitness. I can certainly tell the difference again in how my body is feeling both internally and externally! LOL! The old muscles are starting to firm up again.
I pushed through the morning routine and got in the Tabata and plyometric workouts this morning. I did not do the Tabata cardio because I did it last week when I could not run on my course. I did last week's 1-mile run. Next week if the weather holds, I will do the 300 Workout with the 1-mile walk and run as scheduled. That being said, today's workout was what workouts on Fridays are---short and brutal! LOL! I hit the stretches and extra push-ups in the house before going outside to do the Tabata and Plyo. I am still surprised at how easily I am able to break into a drenching sweat. These workouts do it every time! After completing Tabata and plyometrics, my legs were a bit taxed, but I decided to push on the walk and 1-mile run. I pushed today because it was sunny and beautiful outside (high temperature 63 degrees) and if we get the weather forecast for us on Sunday, I won't be able to push! We are expecting RAIN and SNOW Saturday and Sunday. The bad weather should be done on Sunday, but there is no telling how my running course will be. Even today, it is still very slick and tricky in some places. Nevertheless, I pushed on that 1-mile run and got my first sub-6:00 1-mile run for the cycle, finishing in 5:54!
After the workout, it was my turn to take Mom out for her day. She wanted to get out of the house and do a little personal shopping. It was a great day to be out and she enjoyed herself. So that made me happy. I told both parents, however, that I have to have some time next week to get my book editing completed. I want to get this one done and posted so that I can start on the behavioral change book. This book will be especially useful to people on here who are trying to get fit.
I will be taking new profile pictures for the week on this Sunday and new progress pictures a week from this Sunday. I can see the subtle changes happening and hope that they are able to be seen in my pictures. The diet has been very good and that is really helping to make a difference.
I will be hitting another Eat-Stop-Eat intermittent fast this weekend and am looking forward to starting week 4 of Cycle 31! I cannot believe that Cycle 31 is HALF over and that the Transformation Challenge is one-quarter over!
Anyway, I wish you and yours the very best of all possible weekends!
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- TABATA WORKOUT:
- Half-Burpees (20 seconds)*
- Push-ups (20 seconds)
- Squat Jumps (20 seconds)
- Air Pulls (20 seconds)
- *10 second rest between each exercise
Complete 3 times for a total of 6 minutes
- PLYOMETRICS & CARDIO:
- 3 x 20 Ankle Hop
- 3 x 20 Standing Jump
- 3 x 20 Jump To Box (Cement Block)
- 3 x 20 Jump From Box (Cement Block)
- 3 x (2 x 20) Lateral Step-Up
- 1-Mile Walk
- 1-Mile Run (5:54)
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 20:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts.
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Got in 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, inclined push-ups, and 2 sets of 25 triangle push-ups for a total of 250 extra push-ups. I am beginning to feel and see the difference in the chest!