Today was one of those long days! Whenever, I have to take the parents out for their appointments, shopping and other errands, I get the workout done, try to get in a light meal, and then get them to their destinations. This usually takes over 4 hours. Today I was out with my stepdad for about 4 1/2 hours. I took him to his kidney doctor, then we went out to Walmart for some groceries and then off to the pharmacist to pick up his medication. After that I drove us home.
Before the trip out with my stepdad, I hit the legs pretty hard. The 20-lb weighted vest is proving to be a worthy addition to my leg workout. I KNOW at the end of each workout that I have had a workout. There is a bit of aching and soreness, but I attribute part of this to having to drive and then to do a lot of walking around today. I certainly hope that all of this weighted work will yield great results during the cutting stage of my Transformation Challenge. I have gotten used to doing the running and rope jumping in the vest and it is becoming slightly easier to get through---only slightly easier! LOL!
One thing I can say for sure is that I am not feeling as "squishy" as I was. The old arms and ab region are starting to feel firm again. I think that I am beginning to make some progress in the back area as well. Hopefully, the pictures taken after completion of week 4 will show great progress. The diet has been really good! I decided today to eat a light, clean meal before taking my stepfather out today and was surprised at how I had burned it up before returning home. I was starving when I walked through the door tonight. I have eaten another clean meal and am about ready to shut down the eating for the night (7:30 pm).
I continue to integrate those extra push-ups into the workouts and believe that I cans see some changes in the "wittle bitty" chest. Hopefully, I can get near my pre-injury levels with my chest development. I am going to hold the number down to 250 total for a while. Doing them 6 days per week yields 1,500 extra push-ups per week. I want to be careful to avoid shoulder impingement!
Tomorrow, I hit my abs, 3-mile run, and stretches. I will have interesting conditions for the 3-mile run since it has been raining off and on all day. In fact, I finished up my workout this morning in some fairly hard rain. Unless there is torrential rainfall on tomorrow, I don't anticipate a problem getting out there and getting the run in. It just won't be fast! LOL!
Everyone, have a wonderful Wednesday night!
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x (2 x 40) Lunges (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 Seated Calf Raisers (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 1-legged Squats (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 1-legged Calf-Raisers (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3-Mile Interval Run (20-lb weighted vest) with following:
- 5 x 1-Minute Rope Jumping
- 5 x 40 yard Traveling Lunges
- 5 x 40 yard Bounds
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 18:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts.
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Got in 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, inclined push-ups, and 2 sets of 25 triangle push-ups for a total of 250 extra push-ups!
- Diet has been extra clean today!