I will, on occasion, experience sleep problems, I guess in the past, I never let it upset me. However, my schedule is now based on being able to get up and function at 5:00 am. Funny thing is that I have been doing it for nearly 3 years. I am wondering if the intensification of my workouts could be playing a factor. I am going to continue fight to get back on schedule. This morning was a late start and I did not complete my morning routine to my satisfaction. Funny thing is that workouts have been going GREAT! " title=">" />
Today was truly a full bodyweight workout. My back and chest workout consisted on variations on pull-ups and push-ups. The chest portion of the workout was further intensified by my integrating those extra sets of push-ups. By the time I got outside for pull-ups my arms, back, and abs (push-ups do impact the abs) were pretty well-worked. The wide and close grip pull-ups were just a bit more difficult. I can, however, still see going up to 20 or 25 reps during the next cycle.
As always, I am being very vigilant concerning my arm and shoulder as I inch my repetitions back up. So far, so good. No arm and shoulder pain and even the last of that residual "pinching sensation" that was in my left bicep seems to be gone. So I am about 98% with the arm and shoulder.
My diet is pretty good. I realize that I need to make sure I don't cut my body fat to rapidly. I am going to make sure that I am gradually dropping over the next 7 weeks before going into a full-blown cutting regimen. This is the first time I have had to be so aware of timing and managing my fat loss. It is an interesting process to say the least. I also don't want to miss my peak condition for the end of the Transformation Challenge. I will greatly appreciate any feedback, guidance, and suggestions.
I failed to mention my 3-mile run today. On yesterday, I finally went below 13:00 for the first time in the new Cycle with a 12:50 (6:25 mile pace). Today, I went below 20:00 for the 3-mile run with a 19:30 (6:30 mile pace). So I am on course with my running. To reach my goals for times, I need to be able to easily and consistently run a 12:30 for 2-miles and 18:45 for 3-miles, which is a 6:15 mile pace. I am happy, however, with the where my runs are considering the extra work I have been putting on my legs. Tomorrow, by the way, will be leg day with the 20-lb weighted vest. However, once again, I have to take my stepfather out to his appointment with the Kidney doctor. Hopefully, we can get in and get back and I can rest my legs this week.
It feels like spring here today and is absolutely beautiful outside. I broke a very heavy sweat during the run today! However, we are anticipating a cold front that will drive the temperatures back down into the 40s and 50s, which is still not too bad.
I wish everyone the very best on this Tuesday.
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x 50 Push-ups
- 3 x 50 Push-ups (Inclined)
- 3 x 15 Pull-ups (Wide Grip)
- 3 x 15 Pull-ups (Close grip)
- 1-Mile Walk
- 3-Mile Run (19:30)
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 17:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours): A
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts.
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Got in 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, inclined push-ups, and 2 sets of 25 triangle push-ups for a total of 250 extra push-ups! These were actually integrated into the workout listed above!