I have had difficulty getting on and navigating bodyspace today. I thought the problem was with my computer. I downloaded the new Java update today and was wondering if that was the problem. I finally thought it was my browser---Firefox and have uninstalled it for the time being and am writing this blog in sloooooow IE8! LOL! However, I am able to navigate bodyspace. I will reinstall Firefox after I get the blog written and hope that it was just a glitch on bodyspace's part! LOL!
Today was the new ab workout. I got in my stretches and extra push-ups inside and then went outside to hang on the pull-up bar to do the ab workout. I tried going straight through the six exercises and ended up with such bad form on the last two exercises that I decided to take another approach. It is really a demanding workout and my abs were burning up. The second time around I decided to take 10 second breaks between every two exercises. This worked better and allowed my arms, which have to be in about half pull-up position to even complete the workout, to rest. Already I am looking forward to week 5 when I will do this particular workout again. My goal will be eventually to get through the entire workout without taking a break.
The run was a big surprise. I thought I would definitely hit 21 minutes or more. However, the legs felt suprisingly good and I actually ran the 3-mile 3 seconds faster than on yesterday! I finished in 20:33 (6:51 mile pace). As I mentioned, the times will come down as I progress into the Cycle.
Today was a good diet day and as I write this, I find myself in that familiar "almost hungry again" state. I am going to eat a grapefruit and call it a night for eating. Overall, I believe that I am on pace with the challenge. Diet is good and the workouts are going very well. I just need to pace myself and make sure that I am not going to miss the goals for where I want to be on April 20, when my 12 weeks end. I want to be able to go on a good cutting diet within 2-3 weeks of the end of the Challenge and spare my muscle.
Tomorrow, I am hoping that the weather is not too rainy. We have about an 80% chance of rain and my 300 Workout is an all outside workout. I can do some elements inside, but I would have to run out and hit the pull-ups! LOL! I may do as much of it as possible out in the garage and hit the pull-ups, not worrying about the time on tomorrow. I also have a 1-mile walk and run scheduled to finish up everything. After that I will eat a couple of good meals and then go into my intermittent fast for the weekend. I take 2-week progress pictures for the Challenge on Sunday. I hope the two week interval will allow me to see and be satisified with my progress to date. I took a "gallery" picture today because I am curious how I am looking. LOL! I will post later.
Given the difficulty I have had in getting this blog up. I will close by wishing you and yours a most wonderful Thursday night.
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- Teagen Rose Ab Routine on Pull-up Bar (video posted):
- 3 x 10 Leg lifts (alternating legs)
- 3 x 10 Leg lifts (bending legs)
- 10 second rest
- 3 x 10 Kickouts (both legs)
- 3 x 10 Kickouts (alternating legs)
- 10 second rest
- 3 x 10 Scissors (Straight legs)
- 3 x 10 Scissors (alternating legs up and over)
- 1-Mile Walk
- 3-Mile Run (20:33)
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 12:
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours): A
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Got in the 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, 1 set of 25 Triangle push-ups, and 1 set of 50 inclined push-ups (Total 175)
- Hit the brand new ab workout today! Looking to see great results!
- Ate good clean post workout meal (lunch and dinner)