I felt pretty bad (TIRED) when I got home last night. I was so tired my appetite was gone, which is not good considering that I am not a big eater in the first place. I managed to get in something before going to bed and woke up this morning at 5 o'clock starving! LOL! I stayed in bed until 5:30. I have to stop doing that! LOL! However, after getting up, I pushed through my morning routine and got to that leg workout. In the history of my 30 cycles, I think adding that weighted vest to my TOTAL leg workout has been one of the great innovations for me. Last week was my first time trying it and it was tough but good. It seems with me, however, that after I do a new workout or exercise for the first time, no matter how tough, I can quickly learn to deal with and work through the pain and difficulty. I can tell you that that 20-pound vest was no less heavy today and there were a couple of times when I asked myself, "Are you crazy running, lunging, and jumping around this course with 20 extra pounds attached to you?" Now before I did any of this outside stuff I had already did those "bleeping" squat thrusts and quad squats. I increased reps to 40 on these exercises and my legs were already burning! Nevertheless, I got it done and my hope is in a little less than 11 weeks, my legs and body will be thanking me for the work.
I have, in fact, added more new rigor and work to this cycle than I have done in more than a year. I seldom mention my arm and shoulder, but can tell you that there is NO popping or pain with my bar exercises or the many push-ups that I have started doing again. I have been adding the extra 100 (2 x 50) regular and 25 triangle push-ups in with my workouts, at the beginning and end. Today I threw in 50 inclined push-ups as well for a total of 175. I will leave them at that level for a while. I continue, however, to stretch my entire body during my workouts and believe that has also contributed greatly to my arm and shoulder and back improvement.
Tomorrow is more innovation with the new ab workout. I hang from the bar with a pull-up grip and do 10 reps of six exercises. I will do this for a total of 3 times. I am hoping I can get through everything without stopping! I will let you know tomorrow. I will do all of my stretching and extra push-ups inside before hitting the abs, 1-mile walk, and 3-mile run outside. THEN on Friday, weather permitting, the 300 workout returns. If I get through these last two workouts in good fashion, I will feel very pleased going into week 3 of Cycle 31 and of the Transformation Contest.
Today has been a good diet day and I am, in spite of eating a good post workout meal, on the verge of feeling hungry again. LOL! I will get in another meal and maybe a snack before stopping the eating at 7:30 tonight.
I hope that everyone is having a great Wednesday! Enjoy the rest of it.
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x 40 Squat Thrusts (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 Quad Squats (20-lb weighted vest)
- CARDIO (20-lb weighted vest):
- 3-Mile Interval Run (Following elements built in):
- 5 x 1-Minute Rope Jumping
- 5 x 40 yard Traveling Lunges
- 5 x 40 yard Bounds
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 11:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Got in the 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups, 1 set of 25 Triangle push-ups, and 1 set of 50 inclined push-ups (Total 175)
- Ate good clean post workout meal.