I always refer to those days out with my parents as "the workout after the workout." Today I took my stepfather out for blood work for his appointment with the kidney doctor on next week and also to his appointment with the eye doctor today. I was up early this morning (determined to get back on track) and got everything done pretty early as far as my morning routine goes. I got the stretching, and the weighted back and chest workout in, deciding to throw in the extra daily push-ups as well. The back and chest felt pretty good today. I am just breaking in the new Nike Shox on the runs this week and, thus far, they feel good. The 3-mile run today went pretty well, considering I did not push as hard as I could have. I knew I would be on my feet a great deal of the day after the workout and also anticipated the heavy leg workout on tomorrow. I was surprised that the run did not go into the 21s, but was actually 20:36 (6:52 mile pace). This is faster than last week's. It usually takes me about 3 weeks to start seeing the run times come down to where I like to see them. 18:45 will be a good time for 3-miles for me during this cycle.
After the workout, I got the hot shower, drank another cup of coffee (threw in some protein powder) and got going. I was off to Colonial Heights, Prince George County and Hopewell with my stepfather. In between there was shopping and bill paying for him and my mother. We finally got back home a little over one hour ago. I was surprised to find that my appetite is GONE. I did not finish my dinner, which was good, and am mostly ready to take a nap! LOL! This is what I fear during this challenge, making sure I balance what I do for my parents and meet my needs as well. I will find a way to get it done. I will get some rest tonight and probably wake up starving in the morning! LOL!
Tomorrow is leg day and all that comes with it. It will be interesting to see if the weighted cardio feels any better or worse on tomorrow. We will see. Right now, I am wishing everyone a great night.
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x 40 Push-ups (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 Dips (20-lb weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 Good Mornings (20-lb dumbbells & weighted vest)
- 3 x 40 Back Extensions (20-lb weighted vest)
- Pull-ups to Failure (28)
- 1-Mile Walk
- 3-Mile run (20:36)
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 10:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Got in the 2 sets of 50 regular push-ups and 1 set of 25 Triangle push-ups
- Lost my appetite tonight. Not going to force the eating. Will get rest for tomorrow.