I am certainly glad that is Friday. I need to rest and rejuvenate after this busy week with workouts and with family obligations. I am not sure I recovered adequately from my long day on Wednesday. However, I got the workouts in for this first week of Cycle 31 and for the Transformation Challenge. The diet MUST be right, because I am borderline hungry a lot of the time! LOL! Believe it or not I am just eating my first meal of the day (oatmeal) after the workout. I had to go grocery shopping. I actually like to, as much as possible, get things out of the way so that I can have some down time without interruption. So now I can eat a bit more, blog, and rest.
I continue to push myself with this Tabata workout. During the workout portion, I try to get in as many reps of the exercises as possible during the 20 seconds. I end up with quite a burn after six minutes. I have also immediately started going into the cardio portion of the Tabata workout. For the past two weeks I have improvised on this workout and come with something that I REALLY like, but HATE at the same time! LOL! I do the cardio in the front drive way. I have marked out 20 yards. I have been doing high knee sprinting and now have started to sprint with high knees for 20 yards and then move backward for the other 20 yards. This takes about 20 seconds and then I go into jumping jacks for 10 seconds. Try that 12 times over 6 minutes! Legs were burning after I finished. Then to add insult to injury, I hit the plyometrics and 1-mile walk. All that jumping was NOT fun after the Tabata. I hope, however, that it will be effective.
This weekend is an Intermittent Fast (Eat-Stop-Eat) weekend. I have cut out the bad stuff from the diet and I might as well clean the system out a bit more. I will eat really good clean meal later and run the fast from 7 pm tonight until 7 pm tomorrow. After that I will break the fast with another clean meal.
Second week pictures will be taken and posted on Sunday. I know there has been some subtle changes since last week, but I also know that I will hate looking at the pictures! LOL!
Anyway, I wish you all a most enjoyable and safe weekend!
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- Half-Burpees (20 seconds)*
- Push-ups (20 seconds)
- Squat Jumps (20 seconds)
- Air Pulls (20 seconds)
- *10 second rest between each exercise
- Complete 3 times for a total of 6 minutes
- TABATA CARDIO:
- Sprint- high knees over 20 yards and return BACKWARD (20 seconds-You have to get the timing right. It happens with a few attempts. You have to be FAST! LOL!)
- Jumping Jacks (10 seconds)
- Complete 12 times for a total of 6 minutes
- PLYOMETRICS & CARDIO:
- 3 x 20 Ankle Hop
- 3 x 20 Standing Jump
- 3 x 20 Jump To Box (Cement Block)
- 3 x 20 Jump From Box (Cement Block)
- 3 x (2 x 20) Lateral Step-Up
- 1-Mile Walk
TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE DAY 6:
Diet Grade (Past 24 Hours):
- To build more muscle in my chest.
- To build more muscle in my legs (quads).
- To build more muscle in my back.
- To continue strengthen my core in preparation for resumption of planche push-up
training in 2013.
- To obtain a 5-6% body fat percentage while adding approximately 2-5 pounds of
muscle during the next 12 weeks.
- To work on consistently running at or below a 6:15 mile pace on all of my runs.
- To continue to strengthen my arm and shoulders and prevent a recurrence of
- To continue integrate my full body stretching regimen into my daily workouts
- A=100-95% Clean
- B=94-90% Clean
- C=89-85% Clean
- D=84-80% Clean
- F=79% and below Clean
- Sabbath rest from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown
- Intermittent Fast from 7 pm Friday to 7 pm Sunday
- Week 1 weigh in on Sunday
- Week 1 progress pictures on Sunday