Today was a good day. As I have mentioned in some past blogs, I don't observe Christmas, but the Holy Days as mentioned in Leviticus (e.g. Passover, Feast of Unleavened bread, Day of Atonement, etc.). So it is interesting to have folks around who celebrate Christmas and all that it entails. My mother still cooks a huge meal and family friends, relatives, and of course my sisters and their children were here. So the house was buzzing. I managed to sneak in the workout in spite of everything, but was often drafted to help Mom with her cooking. LOL! It was still great to have the family around. I ate my one and only meal a couple of hours ago and cleaned up so Mom could get off her feet. I am still TIRED! So here are today's highlights:
- Coffee Maker Broke this morning. Brew light was on as set, but no brewing! LOL! I found the old low tech standby, cleaned it up and had coffee.
- Cleaned the kitchen up for Mom from her previous night's cooking.
- Got that bleeping dog out for his walk and potty time.
- Got in the morning routine a little late.
- Got drafted to help Mom with some kitchen duties.
- Got sleepy again for some reason took a nap.
- Hit the workout at about 2:30 this afternoon and finished just before 4:00 with a decent 3-mile run---20:39 (6:53 mile pace).
- Visited with nieces and nephews, family, etc. watched them eat before I finally ate at around 6:00 this afternoon.
- Cleaned up the kitchen and bagged up the trash.
- Now finally writing my blog.
BIG HIGHLIGHT is that yesterday, I got offered a photo shoot for an online magazine article for men over 40. I still have not decided whether or not to do it. I will find out the details and then make my decision. Besides, I am not sure if the old man's face and body can withstand the scrutiny of a photographer's camera! LOL!
Tomorrow I hit the legs with those traveling lunges during my 3-mile interval! I am beginning to have a love/hate relationship with them, but they are growing the quads.
I hope that you all had a wonderful day. Have a great night everyone.
Here is what I did today:
- Stretching Regimen
- 3 x 25 Dumbbell Chest Press
- 3 x 25 Dumbbell Flys
- 3 x 25 Bent Over Dumbbell Rows
- 3 x 25 Lower Back Rows with Resistance Cord
- 1-Mile Walk
- 3-Mile Run (20:39)