- 2 Scoops (any vanilla-flavored protein powder will work with this recipe)
- 1 Tbsp Splenda
- 2-3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray four mini loaf pans OR a square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine carrots, Splenda, pineapple, egg whites, egg and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well. Add remaining ingredients except walnuts. Mix well.
- Stir in walnuts. Spread batter into mini loaf pans or square pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until center of cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in the pan.
- To make icing, mix together the protein powder and Splenda. Add milk slowly until mixture turns into a consistency that can be spread on loaves (you do not want it to be too runny). Spread on loaves and let harden.
Approx. makes 12
1 cake (1/12th of a serving)...
Protein: 23 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Fat: 3 g