About 12 weeks earlier and about 40 pounds heavier a typical day for me would include bacon, eggs, cheese, white bread with butter for breakfast. For lunch it would be whatever fast food place looked appealing to me at the time. Dinner would be whatever my father made (which was home-cooked and for the most part healthy). Before bed I would eat a whole frozen pizza by myself or if I felt like it would go get Taco Bell. This doesn?t include my other snacks I would have throughout the day that for most people looked like meals. But to me, it was nothing more than a snack.
Yes, I still lifted weights but my overall fitness level was a big FAT 0 out of 10. I couldn?t keep up with my friends in basketball, I couldn?t run a mile in a time I could have ran two miles a couple years ago. I was very unhappy with myself and had no confidence. But 84 days ago I made the best decision of my life.
January 1st, 2012 is the day I will never forget. I remember it like it was yesterday. I woke up and looked in the mirror and thought to myself, ? Welcome to day number one!? I had enough motivation just from the look people would give me when I would tell them I joined a contest to transform my lifestyle and body. With a few exceptions of a couple people and my family, everyone else thought I was crazy. I did not care, that gave me more drive to succeed. I lived off of people?s negative energy and kept the anger and feelings I had inside and triggered it as fuel for the gym.
One Saturday morning I was doing my morning cardio in the basement. My sister Kristin, who was visiting that weekend, did something I will never forget. She always supported anything I decided to do. But this kept me motivated for the rest of my transformation journey. While I was doing cardio in the basement she hung up motivational quotes all over my bedroom, she made a sign in the hallway outside of my bedroom that said $25,000, and she made a countdown calendar out of some sticky notes. Other than feeling like a fat kid this was next in line for staying motivated. Another way I stayed motivated was Kai Greene. I would spend hours on YouTube looking at Kai?s videos on the power of the mind. He truly is one of a kind. He has the mind mentality that to in my eyes relates very close to that of a Shaolin Monk.
Another way I stayed motivated was my drive to inspire others. I want to inspire other people who don?t have the money to afford a nutritionist or their own personal trainer just to keep their lazy butt going. I want people to look at my transformation and in reflection, know they can also do whatever they want to do.
Workout Schedule (Note: My workouts change every 3-4 weeks this is just my current routine I also alternate between HIT Cardio for 20 min. and low intensity cardio for 45 min. per day)
1. Incline DB Press 4 sets 12,10,8,6
2. Push-Ups Failure 4 sets
3. Incline DB Flys 4 sets 10,8,6,6
4. Standing Calf Raises 5 sets 25 reps
5. Cable Crunches
6. Side Bends DB
7. Leg Raises
1. Wide-Grip Pull-Ups 4 sets failure
2. Reverse Grip Bent-Over Rows 4 sets 10,8,6,6
3. Hyperextensions (Bodyweight only really focus on the squeeze)
4. DB Pullovers 2-3 sets 20 reps
5. Barbell Wrist Curls 3 sets 10
6. Reverse Grip Wrist Curls 3 sets 10
1. Front Squats 5 sets 15-20
2. Leg Extension 80lbs. (10 reps then rest for 30 seconds, repeat. Do this for ten minutes straight.
3. Leg Curls 5 sets 12 superset w/ leg press 5 sets 12
4. Barbell Lunges w/ 95lbs. until I Puke!!!!
1. Rotator Cuff warm-up
2. DB Arnold Press 4 sets 8,8,8,8
3. Bent-over DB Laterals 3 sets 12
4. Single arm lateral raises 3 sets 12
5. DB Front Raises 2 sets 12
6. DB Shrugs 4 sets 8
7. Upright Rows 2 sets 12
1. Close-grip Bench Press 3 sets 12
2. Skull crushers 3 sets 12
3. Rope Extensions 3 sets 12
4. DB Hammer Curls 3 sets 12
5. 21?s 3 sets
6. Incline DB Curls 3 sets 10
That is my current routine I have been doing for about 2 weeks now. I am going to switch it up again in about a week.
My typical diet plan looks something like this:
- Oats w/ one table spoon peanut butter
- 8 egg whites 2 whole eggs
- Animal Pak Multi-Vitamin
- 1-2 Cups Coffee
- 2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Whey w/ ½ cup dry oats
- Chicken Breast (Grilled)
- W/ Spinach Salad
- For dressing I use Italian Seasoning, 1tbs. olive oil, and balsamic vinegar
Meal Four: (pre-workout)
- 1 medium size sweet potato
- Grilled Chicken Breast
30-60 min. later
- Animal Pak Multi-vitamin
- USP Labs Jack3d
Meal Five: Post-workout
- 2 scoops optimum nutrition whey protein
- 1 cup dry oats
- Ice cubes
- 1-2 tbs. peanut butter
- Skim milk
- (Mix all of those listed above in a blender and drink)
- Chicken breast w/ as much spinach salad as I want
- Salad mixed with Italian seasoning and balsamic vinegar
- Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein mixed w/ water
- 8 egg whites w/ I can?t believe it?s not butter (0 Calorie Spray)
When I was to the last few weeks before my photos I cut out carbs at about 2pm. I would still have my post workout shake until the 2-week mark.
My supplements I take are:
1. Animal Pak Multi-Vitamin
2. Optimum Nutrition Whey & Casein Protein powder
3. USP Labs Jack3d
4. AND FOOD (most important one)
If anybody has any questions I would be happy to answer any of them. Bodyspace message me and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you everyone I hope everybody sticks to their new lifestyle even after their transformation!!!!!!
21 Days Left. I am starting to feel good about where I am at. I can't believe when I look at the pictures in January. I don't know why I ever let my body get like that.!!!!
Easy thing about today........... READY TO KILL **** IN THE GYM TODAY BLAHHHHH
Today was back/calves/forearms. I felt very good today tons of energy. I think it is due to eating so healthy. Transforming my body day by day. I get motivation from watching Kai Greene videos on youtube check them out if you need motivation. What i am doing a lot of research on is the final week aka "peak week". There seems to be so many methods!!!!!
Time to get serious and get back into shape and cut up!!! I am ready, enough bullish**. This morning I did moderate intensity cardio for 40 minutes. Then at about 4:30pm I am going to the gym to train some chest/abs/calves. I just finished prepping my meals for the next three days. The meals consist of Chicken, Brown Rice, and a lot of greens. For protein i prefer the ON Whey milk chocolate flavor. If your reading this and are thinking about quitting the body transformation DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!! Keep up the hard work and train.